POLINI THOR 130 PARAMOTOR ENGINE: FLY TOWARDS THE FUTURE
• 928.000.012 - Walbro Carburetor
• 928.000.011 - Polini Ø24 Carburetor
The success achieved by Polini in 3 years only, both in the trading and agonistic level, with the famous 2 stroke Thor engines has not stopped the creativity of the factory in Bergamo that now increases its range of products with the brand new Thor 130. Compared to the Thor 100 model, the new Polini Thor 130 is not only more performing since it is a square engine (bore and stroke are the same) with 21,5 hp, but it also let improvement in torque and maximum power range that has been reduced to 8800 rpm, finalized to optimize and increase the reliability. The new Thor 130 engine unifies the couplings to the frame of all the range of the Thor engines available in three different models: 130, 200 and 250, the last one liquid cooled. This feature lets the engine to be interchangeable on all the frames. The new Thor 130 is an advanced engine which can adopt two different fueling systems: Ø24 carburetor or WG8 Walbro carburetor. It is important to underline that even it exploits better performance its weight has not increased. It has been developed with hand craft standards with the most modern and advanced production processes made by high-experienced engineer and of proved experience, skill and creativity.
- SPECIFIC POWER UNIT - The cylinder unit is cast in light alloy and the liner has a nickel-chrome coating for the best piston sliding. The piston is gravity die-cast in light alloy at high silicon content with 2 chromed and nitrided steel rings.
- EXHAUST SYSTEM - The exhaust system is completely hand made for a better product quality. Compact design and contained dimensions. Reduced overall dimensions for a better aerodynamic . Low noise level.
- BETTER COOLING - The forced air cooling system grants a better air cooling, optimizing the performance and maintaining even temperature.
- CENTRIFUGAL CLUCTH - The centrifugal clutch has been studied to grant the best safety features during all the stages, starting, take off, flight and landing.
- EASY STARTER - Thor 130 engine is provided with the new Polini “Flash Starter”, really easy to start.
- POWER OPTIMIZATION - Great power, low fuel consumption, performance optimization at every rpm.
- ADVANCED SOLUTIONS - Polini THOR 130 engine features many other technical solutions and safety characteristics. System with closed circuit for the fuel collection during its transportation. Prearrangement for 12V exit for future electric devices. Very low propeller overturning torque granted by the counterturning masses.
|Polini Engine||2 stroke monocylinder|
|Bore for stroke||54 x 54|
|Power||21,5 HP at 8800 R.P.M.|
|Cylinder||Aluminum with Gilnisil coating|
|Piston||Two chromium plated rings mm 1|
|Intake||Reed valve in the crankcase|
|Carburetor||Walbro WG8/ Polini Ø24|
|Air filter||Air box|
|Ignition||Electronic and with battery charger possible|
|Battery charger prearrangement||Output power 80 W at 5500 RPM|
|Spark plug hood||5k Ω resistance|
|Fuel type||Lead free petrol with 2% synthetic oil|
|Gear reduction unit||Helical teeth in oil bath with 3,43 reduction ratio|
|Starting||Pull start with self winding cable Flash Starter|
|Clutch||Centrifugal in oil bath|
|Muffler||Expansion with oval silencer|
|Engine weight||13,8 Kg|